Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Power of Now - by Eckhardt Tolle, a book for everyone

This book is for everyone, of any religious background or creed. I have been reading it recently and nothing has cleared my head as beautifully as this piece.

I feel as though I'm advertising a lot of things on here for sale, but this book is a psychologically-cleansing experience which helps you to cognitivally look at your daily thought patterns and get you to push out negative thinking which restricts you from thinking in the NOW.

I'm very skeptical about these kinds of books usually, but Eckhardt's main schtick is similar to the buddhist theory of 'mindfulness' which reduces stress greatly in your life.

My life has changed dramatically since reading this book and I am able to eleviate so much stress from my life and get on with the journey rather than feeling frustrated about the destination and whether I'm getting there any time soon.

I grabbed a beautiful hard cover copy from Dymocks for $30 - small enough to put in a decent-sized handbag and as sweet as a prayer book.

Click Here

No comments: